Friday, October 4, 2013

Tako's Korean BBQ Tacos

From the top: chicken, pulled pork, and bulgogi tacos! And Sac Food Co-Op's veggie juice.
I feel incredibly bad for not talking about this place sooner, but better late than never, right? Last month, my friend and I went to Tako's Korean BBQ Tacos. We both love Korean BBQ so we were excited to try this Mexican-Korean fusion casual restaurant. I ordered 3 tacos, and I ordered the chicken, pulled pork, and bulgogi tacos to sort of sample the different meats that they have. My favorite was definitely the bulgogi taco followed by the pulled pork taco. Bulgogi is marinated steak, and it was cooked and complemented perfectly by their special purple house sauce. My friend and I think it might be a berry-based sauce because of the color and sweetness. The pulled pork taco was also delicious and very tender. It was the messiest to eat, but it was certainly worth it! The chicken taco was good, but it wasn't as impressive as the other meats. It was cooked well and it had the purple house sauce too, but I probably just wouldn't order it again. The tacos were $7, which was pretty reasonable for the amount and taste of the food.

My friend and I enjoyed trying our first Tako's experience, and we will definitely return when we're both home from college again. Next time, I'd like to try their nachos or burritos, and I hope they will be topped with that purple sauce too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I definitely need to check this place out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I love sharing food recommendations. :)

      Delete
  2. i've just started getting into these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)