Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October List

Found on Pinterest

I'm so glad it's fall, and October is one of my favorite months of the year. Here are some things that I'm looking forward to this month:

  • Halloween! - Definitely one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love the (free) candy, and dressing up can be fun. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing this year yet, but I'll most likely be hanging out with some friends and having a low-key celebration.
  • Breast Cancer Awareness Month - As a woman, breast cancer is an important issue for me, and I like to observe this month by acquiring more tools and resources to be well-informed.
  • My Mom's Birthday - She is turning 47 this month, and I'm definitely excited for some birthday festivities. We always have a family dinner, and my brother and I spend a day with her doing whatever she fancies.
  • My First 5K Run - I will be running my first 5k run (yikes!) on Oct. 26th. I've been training a little bit with an app that I downloaded, but I hate running so this will be a huge accomplishment for me. I'm not trying to get the fastest time so I just want to finish the race and hopefully jog most of it.
  • Enjoying apple-everything! - I love apples, and they're certainly one of my favorite fruits. This month, I really want to enjoy eating Dutch apple pie and caramel apples. I would love to go to Apple Hill as well if the opportunity comes up.
What are you looking forward to in October? :)


4 comments:

  1. love that October image - best of luck with your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I am definitely grateful for Octobers!

      Delete
  2. sounds like an exciting month! it's also a big birthday month for my family (my mom and my brother -- only a day apart!) so I'm definitely looking forward to lots of celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's awesome! October birthdays are so fun! :) Advance happy birthday to your mom and brother!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)