Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Social: Jobs


Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but I finally got internet in my apartment last Wednesday so blogging is much easier to do now. School started last Thursday so I was really busy figuring out my schedule and catching up with friends. Hopefully, I will be able to post more regularly so let's get back into this thing with a Sunday Social! :)

Sunday Social

This week's questions are job-related questions. At least they're not interview type of questions so that's a relief!

1. What is your dream job?
I don't actually have a dream job... is that weird? I guess if I'm being realistic, I would love to be a child psychologist or a book editor. I would love to work with children and psychology is super interesting for me. Then on the other hand, I'd love to be paid to read books and make revisions. This is a tough question!

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I would travel the world, do a lot of community service, and finally get around to doing some pinterest-inspired crafts and recipes.

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?

I'm not currently in a career field because I'm still in college. I guess if I could give advice to new college freshmen it would be to start looking into internships to get work experience for your resume and to gain mentors for the field(s) that you are interested in. 

4. What would be your ideal "just for fun" job?

I would love to be a baker for sure. I love baking so getting paid to do it would be really fun. Making up clever nail polish colors sound like a fun job too!

5. What was your first "real" job?
My first "real" job was working at Old Navy during the holiday season. I didn't mind working retail, but I had a bad experience with the management. I won't get into the specifics, but I still enjoyed the extra money I made during that holiday season and I still shop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)