Thursday, September 19, 2013

Empties #2: Moving Out Part 2


Here's part 2 of my mini moving out series. There's a lot to talk about like last time so let's just get started.

  • Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 - This face moisturizer was okay. It had a little bit of a white cast because it had SPF so I didn't like that much, but it wasn't too bad overall. I probably wouldn't repurchase to try other moisturizers.
  • Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel* - I liked this moisturizer, especially for its gel formulation. It's lightweight, but I didn't find it super hydrating. I don't think I will repurchase since I prefer another moisturizer.
  • Philosophy Take a Deep Breath* - I LOVE this moisturizer! It's a gel, oil-free formula, which worked perfectly on my skin, and the light turquoise color was a nice bonus. It was easy to apply and it sinks under the skin immediately and keeps it hydrated for the whole day. I would repurchase this after I go through my current stash of skincare.
  • Lush Ocean Salt* - Even though I used up this sample size here, I also own the full size pot because I like face scrub a lot. It might be harsh for some people, but it's fine for my skin. I only use this for my face because I like its brightening effect. It also smells really good. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's a clean, summery scent. I probably wouldn't repurchase it for the price, but I really enjoyed this product!
  • Acure Organics Oil Control Facial Moisturizer* - I received a tiny sample of this so I was only able to get one use out of it. I liked the moisturizer, but I don't think it helped control any of my oiliness. I don't think I'll purchase the full size, but I would like to try more of it again in the future.
  • Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub* - I liked this facial scrub, and it definitely lived up to its brightening claim. It's a great face scrub since it's very gentle, and you only need a tiny bit of it to cover the whole face. The scent was a bit strong so if you don't like earthy and herbal scents, this might be off-putting. I would purchase the full size eventually after I go through my current stash of face scrubs!
  • Mario Badescu Drying Cream* - Sadly I wasn't actually able to use this sample. It dried up in the container, but I'm hoping to try to get another sample of this soon.
  • Physicians Formula Yellow Concealer Stick - This concealer didn't work out for me so I just decided to throw it away. It was hard to blend into my skin, and it hardly covered up my dark circles. I don't recommend it nor will I repurchase it.
  • Rainwater Botanicals Pumpkin Facial Masque* - This mask was awful for my face. It burned as soon after a few seconds of applying it so I had to take it off immediately. I'm pretty sure a burning sensation is not supposed to be a good thing so I wouldn't purchase the full size.
  • Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash* - I liked this face wash, and a little bit goes a long way so I got many uses out of the tiny sample jar. It gave me a little bit of tight, clean feeling after washing my face, but I actually like that so I knew my face was really cleaned. I may repurchase it in the future.
  • Origins Vitazing with SPF 15* - I didn't like this tinted moisturizer because it made my face really oily by the end of the day and the color was also too orange for my skin. I won't purchase the full size.
  • Origins Clear Improvement Mask - This mask was nice and hydrating, but I was disappointed that it didn't do much for my blackheads. The Origins salesperson assured me that this would be an amazing fix, but I didn't see any changes even after 4 uses. I won't purchase the full size. If you know a product that works well in removing blackheads, please let me know!
  • The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover* - This lotion eye makeup remover worked well in removing makeup, but I didn't like having to rub in the lotion a lot over my eyes. I won't purchase the full size since I like other eye makeup removers better anyway.
  • Scope Dual Blast Mouthwash* - I really liked this mouthwash so that's why I included it here in this post. The small travel size was cute, and I will probably purchase the full size in the future.
  • L'Occitane Hand Cream in Shea Butter - I love L'Occitane hand creams, and I love the scent of this one! It's a light, powder scent so it would probably appeal to most people. I also like the packaging because it seems like you can really squeeze out a lot of product until it's finished. These hand creams are very moisturizing so I may repurchase it in the future. I like The Body Shop Hemp Hand Cream better than this so I might repurchase that before this one.
  • Mario Badescu Flower and Tonic Mask* - This mask wasn't anything special so there's not much to say about it unfortunately. I won't repurchase the full size.
  • Lush Angels on Bare Skin* - I didn't really like this cleanser because it wasn't super convenient to use. You take a little bit of the solid cleanser and then add some water and make a paste out of it. There's a little bit of lavender in it, and it also works as a mild exfoliator. It was an effective cleanser, but I wouldn't purchase the full size because of the application of the product.
  • Lancome La Vie est Belle* I love this perfume, and it lasts on me for almost the whole day. I am horrible at describing scents, but if you love floral scents, then you'll probably enjoy this. I might purchase the full size in the far, far future when I'm not in a budget.
  • Boscia Luminizing Black Mask* - Even though I love how soft this made my skin, I hated the peel-off form of this mask. I've never tried a peel-off mask before so I was pretty excited to try it. However, peeling it off in the end was painful, and it also made my skin red, which was not pretty. I won't purchase the full size, but this was definitely a cool/interesting experience. Lesson learned that peel-off masks aren't for me.
This post contained a lot of samples since I was trying to use up my current stash. Can you tell I love trying out new products by getting samples? Excuse the sarcasm (I'm awkward). I have one more post left in this series so that is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)