Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Empties #1: Moving Out Part 1

This is basically a "trash talk" post. If you watch beauty gurus on YouTube, then you might be familiar with empties. In short, it's a review of products someone has used up over a period of time, and you can also mention if you will repurchase it in the future. I love watching and reading this type of product reviews so I wanted to do my own twist on it.

Since I was moving apartments this summer, I made a really strict plan to use up the products and samples in my stash in the past few months so I will have less stuff to pack and move. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing up A LOT of products since my bathroom cabinets were beginning to get out of hand. This will be like a small series since I finished so many things, and breaking them up in smaller parts seems like a pretty good idea. There will be three more posts after this one so please bear with me!

  • Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - These makeup wipes were decent, but they stung my eyes badly. These are not my favorite wipes so I probably won't repurchase.
  • CVS Makeup Remover Wipes - I was disappointed by these because I like their eye makeup remover that comes in a bottle and these just didn't work too well in removing makeup or cleansing your face. Definitely won't repurchase.
  • Philosophy Happy Birthday, Beautiful! Sephora Birthday Freebie - This smelled like cupcake or cake batter, and I loved it since I'm a fan of sweet scents. I used it is a shower gel, and it worked pretty well.
  • Philosophy Total Matteness* - I was really excited to try this because I talked to a salesperson at a Philosophy counter about them and she really hyped this up for me. They worked pretty well for the most part, and I just used it for my t-zone because that's where I'm usually oily. It's not as long-lasting as my Clinique Pore Perfector so I probably wouldn't repurchase it, especially for the price. I don't mind splurging on products that I really love, but I don't think this is worth it.
  • Blum Naturals Oil Absorbing Facial Tissues - I didn't know there was a more natural form of blotting tissues so I was curious to see how these would work for me. I think they did a pretty good job even though I had to use about 2-3 tissues to get all the oil off my face. The packaging is bulky so it was kind of a pain to keep in my makeup bag. I might repurchase them in the future, but I'll probably try other products in the meantime.
  • Dove Clinical Protection in Rebalance* - I loved the scent of this deodorant, and it definitely kept me smelling fresh and clean all day. If you like clean, floral scents, this scent would probably work for you too. However, I definitely won't be repurchasing this since I've been trying to transition into using more natural, aluminum-free deodorants.
  • Aveeno Smart Essentials Face Wash - I liked this face wash, and the scent was really nice as well. It didn't do anything special for skin nor did it irritate it. So it's just an overall nice cleanser. I probably wouldn't repurchase it again since I like to try out new face cleansers.
  • Acure Argan Stem Cell + CGF Facial Mask Cell Stimulating* - I loved this face mask! I really wanted to buy it after finishing the sample, but I still have a couple of face masks that I need to use up first. It has a strong, natural-ish scent, but it's not super gross or anything. This really brightened my skin and made it feel soft and smooth. I haven't tried anything like this before so I really like it, and I would definitely purchase the full size!
  • Lush Vanilla Dee-lite Lotion* - I liked the warm vanilla scent of this thick lotion. It moisturized really well, and the scent also lingered throughout the day. I probably wouldn't purchase the full size because of the price sadly.
  • Deep Steep Candy Mint Foot Stick - Not sure if this was full size or not because I got it in an Eco Emi box, but I liked this foot product more than I expected. The stick form is super convenient for application and traveling, and the scent was really nice and minty. I probably wouldn't repurchase it since it wasn't super moisturizing for my heels, but I'm glad I got to try this.
  • Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo* - This might be my favorite drugstore dry shampoo because it's super effective and cheap. However, I'm not a fan of the scent, and it's not that it smells bad, I just don't like the citrus-y scent. I'll still continue to purchase it anyway since it does the job.
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss - I've had this lip balm for a long time, and I finally decided to call it quits since I just don't care for it. I like the shade of this lip balm, but it was not hydrating at all. My lips tend to get really dry so I couldn't really use this often. I won't repurchase it in the future since it's not a natural product.
  • Up & Up Invigorating Facial Cleanser - I didn't like this face wash, and it was almost a pain to use up. The scent was really strong, and I didn't like that it was super sudsy. It was also hard to rinse off so I will definitely not repurchase.
  • Dr. Woods Facial Cleanser Black Soap and Shea Butter - I loved this affordable natural face cleanser! The scent was nice, and it made my skin look healthy. Definitely will repurchase in the future!
  • Lush Angel's Delight Soap - Love the scent of this soap! I think it might be my favorite soap from their holiday collection. The soap is also colorful and really pretty so I might repurchase it again this year.
This concludes part one of my moving out mini series. Sorry for the poor image quality, but I was in a rush to take a picture of them before throwing out the garbage. And overall, moving mayhem put me in a time crunch. Anyway, it's hard to make trash look pretty, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)