Tuesday, November 12, 2013

October '13 Snail Mail Collective - Autumn Adventures

 
When I started my blog, I discovered a monthly international gift and postcard swap called The Snail Mail Collective that's hosted by Melyssa and Chelsea. I definitely wanted to join in on the fun so I participated in last month's program. The theme was Autumn Adventures, which is perfect since y'all already know how much I love fall. I was paired up with Gaelyn from Gaelyn's Heart of Iron, and she is currently living in South Africa. She is super sweet, athletic (she's even doing an Ironman in January!), gorgeous, and friendly. And she definitely has sold me on traveling to South Africa someday so that's now on my bucket list.


So, I seriously love everything that she sent me. Like forrealz. She sent me 3 beautiful postcards that are now sitting pretty on my desk. On the back of the rhinos postcard, she said that rhinos are endangered and more and more are dying each year. That's really sad, and we should really try do something about that. Save the rhinos everyone! She also sent me a pair of oven mitts, which will definitely come in handy for my random baking. I told her that I only wear lip gloss and mascara on the daily so she sent me the Essence Get Big Lashes mascara and 2 fun, fruity lip glosses in the scents grape and bubblegum. The bubblegum smells pretty yummy and spot on! I'm excited to try the mascara too since I've never tried anything from the Essence brand. The little floral gray case held the makeup items, and it's so cute for storing little things. I also got a wristband, the animal print headband, and a monogrammed heart keychain. I love monograms, and I'm actually in need of a new headband so the timing was perfect. Did I already say how much I loved everything that she sent me? :)

Thanks, Gaelyn! It was great getting to know you this past month, and I hope you like everything that I sent you as well! If you like snail mail and you like this kind of stuff, I highly recommend participating in the Snail Mail Collective. Getting fun gifts and making friends from around the world sound like a win-win to me! I'll definitely be participating again in the future so you should all check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you got so many lovely things, I love the postcards.

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the postcards too! :) I'm still loving everything that I received, and this was really fun!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)