Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween '13

Not your average lecture: Star Wars edition
This year's Halloween weekend was really fun so I definitely have to share what I've been up to in the past few days. In one of my classes, the professor and TA's did a cool Star Wars skit in the beginning of class. It was really entertaining and totally unexpected. I love this professor's sense of humor, and it's awesome that he really got into the Halloween spirit!

Halloween night!
My club had a fundraiser on Halloween night so of course I had to dress up! I went with being a baseball girl since I already had the clothes in my closet. It was a really fun, successful clubbing event, and I got to hang out with my new little sib (in the top left box). My roommate dressed up as a chola (in the top right box), and that was hilarious. I got to hang out with some friends that I haven't seen in a while too so that was really nice. I tried a new drink that night, and it was the tequila sunrise. I think it was a mix of tequila and orange juice, and it was pretty yummy. Not really my kind of drink though since I'm not a big fan of OJ.

#21
At midnight, one of my closest friends here turned 21 so we went bar hopping in downtown. It was an extremely fun evening, and we went to 4 bars total. She even completed the Holy Trinity, which is sort of an unofficial ritual that's about drinking 3 of some of the strongest drinks in town. She's definitely a pro! My friends/her roommates also decorated their apartment a little bit and bought her lots of alcohol. I baked her a vanilla cake, and it turned out well. I tried this vanilla cake recipe, and the frosting was really good. I would probably tweak the cake recipe in the future since it was a little on the dry side. Overall, it was a very fun and memorable birthday! Glad she's finally in the 21 club! :)

The Devastator!
Pineapple Wicky
The Devastator and the Pineapple Wicky are 2 of the 3 drinks of the Holy Trinity. We all started with the Wicky for my friend's first legal drink. It was my first time trying the pineapple flavor, and I definitely prefer it over the original flavor, which I think might be strawberry or cherry flavored. It has 7 different types of alcohol and they even put alcohol in the straw. It's a very strong drink, but it's really not as bad as the Devastator. I've never had the Devastator before, and I don't think I'll ever drink it again. It was much stronger than the Wicky, and I barely finished it because of the strong taste and burn.

Thai fries
Earlier today, the same friends and I went to a pizzeria in downtown for my friend's birthday meal/post-recovery meal. We ordered 2 large pizzas, and we were really hungry. I failed to take a picture, but I snapped a picture of the Thai fries that we ordered as appetizers. They're so, so yummy, and it's great to share in groups!

Half sandwich at CREAM!
After lunch, we went to CREAM for dessert, and I got a half ice cream sandwich since I was really full from lunch. I got a snickerdoodle cookie with green tea ice cream. I highly recommend the snickerdoodle cookies because they're always soft and gooey, and they also complement many of their ice cream flavors. The green tea ice cream is my regular order there so I almost always order it.

So, that's my Halloween weekend in a nutshell! I can't believe it's my last college Halloween, but I definitely made the most of it at least so it'll be fun to look back years from now at this particular weekend. As much as I love Halloween, I'm ready to move forward since that means it'll be closer to Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to hear from you so please say hello and leave a comment. :)